Friday 3 July 2015

Pinky Promise (The Beauty of Cherry Blossoms) by Nanette Celedonio

This was my first trip to Japan and my itinerary was really simple: to witness the beauty of cherry blossoms, to take a picture with Hachiko, to take a photo and video of Shibuya crossing and to eat sushi!
Cherry blossoms along the street near  the hotel.


It was a very short 3-day trip but I was able to maximise my time very well.  I even had problems with my visa and vacation leaves prior to the trip and I thought that it would not push through but thankfully I was able to resolve the issues.  And I was very fortunate to be able to use my husband's reward miles.  Since this is Japan's peak season, airfares have rocketed really high and I was so lucky to be able to book my airfare for free...paying only taxes!
Prior to the trip, I was able to contact a friend who took time out to tour me around Tokyo. If not for her, I wouldn't be able to experience a lot of things in that short period of time.  My biggest problem going around Tokyo is that I don't understand the language and most of the signages are in Japanese and it's difficult to ask around because people don't speak much English.
Up close with these short-lived but amazing flowers.  That fleeting moment when you are on a high experiencing God's  creation.

Was able to ride the Shinkansen, one of the world's fastest trains...

Met up with Hachiko, the famous dog and one of the landmarks in Shibuya

No comments:

Post a Comment